Please contact ENST staff before you begin work. We will advise you of the documentation requirements.
A person is prohibited from working without some type of appointment (including without salary employees); this is mainly to ensure Workers' Compensation coverage. In addition, any persons not currently employed on campus will need to complete employment documents before their first day of employment. Please have prospective student employees contact the Financial Team or Erinn Magann to set up a hiring appointment, which should take approximately 20 minutes.
PI must fill out pay rate, begin date, end date, max hours and description of duties. Employee must fill out top portion.
The Financial Team will take care of the rest and contact PI and employee for original signatures once completed.
- If you have been awarded Work-Study, bring your Work-Study Referral with you when you come in to fill out hiring paperwork.
New Employee Check-list
- Fill out new hire paperwork - ES Office
- Contract (Academic Hire) or Employee Request Form (Staff)
- UC Student-Workers Union Membership form (Academic Only)
- Fill out section 1 of I-9 Tracker - sent to you via Email
- Employee must click the link in their email and complete section 1 no later than their first day of work. They must also have it completed prior to coming to complete section 2 of the I-9 verification site.
- Section 2 of I-9 Tracker: Go to the Business & Financial Services Office located on the 3rd floor of the Student Affairs and Administrative Services Building (SAASB), Section 2 must be completed prior to 3pm on their 3rd day of work.
- Drop in hours are from 8:30am-11:00am, 1:30pm-3:30pm, Mon-Fri.
- Bring a form of identification that verifies your identity: school ID, State ID card, driver's license, Passport; in essence a government issued photo identification
- A form of identification that establishes your right to work in the United States: Social security card, birth certificate, Passport, etc.
- Sign into UCPath
- Complete Direct Deposit
- State & Federal W-4
- Patent Agreement form
- Self-Identification of Ethic Group, Disability status