Change your Major to the 2019-2020 Requirements
If you are of Junior Standing or higher and would like to change your major to the 2019-2020 requirements for any of our B.A. or B.S. degrees, you are welcome to request this change. We ask that you look at the new 2020-2021 requirements first, because in most situations the new requirements will benefit you. If you have not completed sufficient coursework towards the 2019-2020 track, Environmental Studies may deny your request and require you to enroll in the 2020-2021 requirements.
- Review the major worksheet of the major your intend to declare (available here),
- Complete a Change of Major Petition. Be sure to indicate if you are pursuing the B.A. or B.S. for the Environmental Studies major or which emphasis for the Hydrological Sciences and Policy (available here),
- Submit all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the process outlined under "Change of Major to the 2019-2020 Requirements" to download the change of major petition. If you are declaring or adding a double major, you are required to also fill out an additional Memo of Understanding for Double Majors Petition. This petition can be found in the Letters & Science Advising Office in Cheadle Hall and the Environmental Studies Main Office (Bren 4312) & Advising Office (Bren 4313).
Over 200 Units
If you are going to go over 200 total units prior to earning your degree and will be at UCSB for more than 4 years (started as a Freshman) or two years (Transfer Students), you must complete a Proposed Schedule of Graduation Petition. On the form, you must:
- Explain why you need additional units and time at UCSB,
- Provide a quarter-by-quarter plan to fulfill your remaining requirements for graduation, and
- Obtain the endorsement of the departmental advisor in your major(s) and minor (if you are pursuing one).